2D Geometry Web Service
High end dxf and dwg importer at your fingertips
Geometry Web Service (GWS) is a powerful and comprehensive service for importing
dxf and dwg files. It allows processing of multiple files simultaneously using parallel computation to extract shapes, recognise identical shapes and correct shapes with contour errors.
This service has been designed for quoting, CAM cutting, or ERP cloud solutions and can be used in a wide range of sectors: sheet metal working, packaging industry, shipbuilding, cutting of wood panels, foam, composite materials, plastics, etc..
This service is available through a RESTful API.
GWS is designed to be easy to use and to process complex algorithms asynchronously in order to bypass any possible timeout issues. A geometry cleaning tool is embedded to clean many CAD drawings errors such as self-intersecting contours or small contour gaps.
The product provides the following features:
- Support for imperial and metric units
- Option to scale geometries
- Previews of files, configured files and shapes in the form of png images
- Shape spliting within the same file
- Shape quantity recognition within the same file
- Identification and summing of matching shapes across multiple files
- External contour removal where the imported file contains nested shapes
- Generate geometry representations in JSON compatible with PowerNest WS
- Generate nesting result layout files (DXF, PNG, JSON) from PowerNest WS result
- Add offcut as exportable shape in nesting results
- Add part names as labels in nesting results
- Compute statistics for nesting results (number of contours, used surface...)